Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tomato pie

I was bored last summer and I found some pre-made pie crust in the fridge, so I made this tomato pie! It came out tastings pretty good, although in the future I want to make it using a home made crust, the pre-made crust was a bit sweet for my liking.





I made two pies actually, the above pie was really simple, it was tomatoes sliced thinly, layer in the pie with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, thinly sliced onions, and salt and pepper.

Next I made a pie with a more substantial topping.

I used:
Pre-baked pie crust
4 Fresh Tomatoes
1 thinly sliced scallion
Basil

Topping:
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Clove Crushed Garlic

First, pre-bake your pie crust for 5 minutes at 350F (190C).
Into the pre-baked pie crust layer sliced tomatoes, basil, and scallions.
In a bowl mix together the mayo, cheese and crushed garlic. Spread this mixture on top.
Bake the pie at 350F (180C) for around 35 minutes.





The finished product should look something like this. Like I said, the pre-made crust came out pretty good, but I would prefer my own crust the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment