Tuesday, November 2, 2010

German(ish) Potatoes

Recently I have been craving German food like my grandmother used to make. She sent me a recipe that I hope to try some time soon, but for now I just made up some potatoes.

You will need:
3 potatoes
1 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Flour
1/4 Cup Beef or Chicken Broth
2~3 tbsp White Vinegar
1 tbsp Cream
1/2 tsp Parsley
Salt and White Pepper to taste.

(1) Wash and cut the potatoes into bite size pieces, boil or steam until the potatoes are tender, set aside.

(2) In a saucepan heat up the milk, butter, and oil. Add the flour and beat out the lumps, add the broth and cook for a few minutes until you have a nice white sauce.


(3) Mix in the potatoes, vinegar, cream, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I enjoyed these potatoes for lunch with a little sausage and some myoga pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment