Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Easy Cinnamon Rolls

Today I was in the mood for some simple cinnamon rolls. I searched the net and found a couple decent looking recipes. I came up with this:

Dough:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup shortening (or butter)
milk
Filling:
butter
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon.

Sift the dry ingredients together, cut in the shortening. Add milk little by little until you have a nice dough. I used around 1/4 cup milk.

Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a rectangle with 1/4 inch thickness.

Spread a layer of butter on the dough, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and spread evenly over the butter dough. Roll up the dough, then cut into 1 inch pieces.

Place on baking sheet and cook at 210C for about 12 minutes, or until they are slightly browned.


If you want to glazed them, make this simple glaze

Powdered sugar
Milk
Vanilla extract

I used 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, added a few drops of vanilla extract, then about 1 tsp of milk.


Dibble the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!





These took only about 30 minutes to make. Really simple, they are very flaky. I might add an egg or knead the dough more the next time I make them.

Edit: I made these again and used half bread flour, half all purpose flour and kneaded the dough a bit and they came out much better.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love cinnamon rolls, and Jaewon and I are definitely going to make these!

    ReplyDelete